Cosmetic dentistry in Toronto is booming! Perfecting that smile is so important, because there is so much to smile about. Popular procedures for cosmetic dentistry in Toronto are teeth whitening, bonding, porcelain crowns or veneers, tooth reshaping, and cosmetic gum surgery. Cosmetic dentistry helps you love your smile all over again. Smiling makes your brain release endorphins, which lowers stress and improves your overall mood. Here are our top 10 reasons to smile every single day.
10. Smiling reduces stress! Putting on a happy face can help us deal with stressful situations more easily. A lot of studies have reported that people who smile can return to a neutral position and a calmer heart rate much more quickly. It is theorized that smiling reduces the levels of cortisol, which is the hormone related to stress. So the next time you’re feeling stressed, remember to smile!
9. Smiling brings people closer! Smiling makes you more approachable and trustworthy. When you smile, you display warmth. A simple upturn of the mouth can instantly put people at ease. If you are meeting someone, going to work, or walking in to an interview, don’t forget to smile!
8. Smile because you’re alive! If you had a bad day yesterday, you can start fresh today! The sun came up today, and you have another day to do things that make you who you are. But what if today turns into a bad day? Smile! Because you’re alive and you have tomorrow to make things great.
7. Smile because you are loved! Whether it’s your friends or family, everyone is loved by somebody. And show them that you love them in return by smiling. Smiling is a great way to share happiness and love with others, and it will always bounce back to you.
6. Smiling makes you more creative! A study from the University of California, San Francisco, found that smiling expands your mind and puts you in a good mood, letting you instantly be more creative.
5. Smiling makes you more confident! Whether you realize it or not, smiling changes your attitude. Next time you start feeling down, smile and think positive thoughts. If you’re feeling nervous walking into an interview or meeting someone new, smile and see what happens!
4. Smiling makes you more productive! Research led by Andrew Oswald, a professor of Economics at Warwick Business School, shows that employees who smile more are often more productive in the workplace. The effect of a smile improves your overall performance, and also the moods of people around you.
3. Smiling is good for your health! Did you know that smiling boosts your immune system? It also lowers your blood pressure and regulates your heart beat. Smiling every day will make you feel better and healthier.
2. Smiles are contagious! Humans are social due to mirror neurons. Neuroscientist Marco Iacoboni explains how we react a specific way when we see someone else perform a certain action. This explains why we tend to reciprocate smiles.
1. Smiles are free! Improve your mood at no cost!
What are your reasons to smile?
New patients without insurance receive 15% off on a cleaning and checkup