Services / TMD and Migraine Treatment
Many people don’t think about their temporomandibular joint until they are already in pain. The temporomandibular joint is what allows you to chew and talk by connecting your jaw to the temporal bones in your skull.
A problem or discomfort in that joint is known as a temporomandibular disorder. While the causes of TMD can be vary quite a lot, usually it can be treated by utilizing an orthodontic insert or nightguard to re-align the joint correctly.
During the first appointment, we perform a consultation with you to examine your unique situation and advise you on the next steps. From there, we can confirm a TMD diagnosis if necessary and begin the steps to proper treatment.
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, you may suffer from TMD:
- Pain in your face or jaw
- Swelling near the jaw
- Problems opening mouth or chewing
- Clicking or popping noises from jaw
- Migraines or neck / upper shoulder discomfort
4 Daily Routines Dentists Recommend
Dentists in Toronto all agree – many dental issues can be easily avoided if patients spent more time adhering to their daily routines.
4 Compelling Reasons to Get Dental Implants
An implant dentist in Toronto will be able to help you achieve a natural look with perfect teeth.
3 Cosmetic Dentistry Options Worth Considering
With the help of a cosmetic dentist in Toronto, you have various options to consider on how you can attain a million-dollar smile.
3 Important Steps to Prepare You for Dental Implant Surgery
Professionally-educated and highly-experienced dentists make sure your dental implants in Toronto can last for a lifetime.
3 Common Oral Health Issues Adult Patients Face
In today’s blog we’ll discuss some of the most common oral health issues adults face today. Read on to learn more.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – COVID-19
Life has been anything but normal this spring and we sincerely hope you and your family are in good health. We are happy to inform you that we are now able to once again provide dental care for you and your family. The Ministry of Health has lifted the restrictions placed back in March. While many things have changed since then, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Our office has always followed strict infection control standards and in order to keep us all protected during this pandemic and in the future, we have updated our protocols. When we see you at your next appointment, things will be a little different.
- We will ask some screening questions before your appointment and you’ll be asked those same questions again when you’re in the office.
- You may be asked to wait outside our office or in your car and call us when you arrive and then wait for a call back to let you know when you can enter the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the clinic. There are more dispensers around the office for you to use as needed.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys since those items are difficult to fully disinfect.
- Appointments will be spaced out to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean less flexibility for scheduling your appointment, but it will also reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- You may be surprised that we’re wearing more protective gear – such as masks, face shields, gowns – than we normally do during your visit.
- Our office equipped with air purification system. At Queens Quay Dental Centre we want our patients to breathe fresh and pure air in addition to maintaining a sterile atmosphere.
Rest assured, all these procedures are designed to create the safest environment for you, other patients and our team.
We look forward to seeing you again. If you have any questions, please let us know. To make an appointment, call/text our office at 647-352-0755 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for patience and loyalty throughout this ordeal. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming you back!
The Team at Queens Quay Dental Centre