Services / Oral Cancer Screening
We’ll keep you safe by testing during check-up
While oral cancer is usually only a concern for patients who are over 50, there have been cases observed as young as in the teenage years. That’s why we perform standard tests during a regular check up to observe for signs of oral cancer. When oral cancer is caught early, treatment is much more effective than at a later stage in the process. We don’t share this information to scare you! We want to make sure all of our patients are always safe
If we feel you may be at a higher risk due to family history of cancer or if we notice anything suspicious, we may ask you to undergo further testing to be able to come to a more conclusive diagnosis. Everyone should have an oral screening at some point, regardless of their age or lifestyle because early detection is the best way to save a life.
Here are some risk factors for oral cancer you should be aware of:
- Previous family history of oral cancer
- Over 40 years of age
- Frequent alcohol / tobacco usage
- Prior exposure to HPV
Understanding 3 Different Types of Dental Emergencies
While dental emergencies are typically associated with dealing with painful oral and teeth issues, it is not always the case that the presence of pain is involved. The following are examples of situations that would be considered dental emergencies.
Finding The Best Implant Dentist in Toronto
Looking for an implant dentist in Toronto? QQ Dental is an innovative and highly dependable implant dentist in Toronto for all your oral health needs.
4 Ways To Prepare for your Toronto Dental Clinic Appointment
QQ Dental is a trusted and recognized Toronto dental clinic. Contact us today to book an appointment for all your Toronto dental clinic needs and questions.
Scheduling Visits to the Dental Office
In today’s blog we offer a few guidelines when it comes to how often you visit your dental office in Toronto.
The Importance of Preventative Dental Maintenance
When it comes to oral hygiene, preventative maintenance is imperative in keeping a healthy mouth. Preventative maintenance encompasses all the steps taken both at the dental office and at home to mitigate oral health issues in the long-term.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – COVID-19
Life has been anything but normal this spring and we sincerely hope you and your family are in good health. We are happy to inform you that we are now able to once again provide dental care for you and your family. The Ministry of Health has lifted the restrictions placed back in March. While many things have changed since then, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Our office has always followed strict infection control standards and in order to keep us all protected during this pandemic and in the future, we have updated our protocols. When we see you at your next appointment, things will be a little different.
- We will ask some screening questions before your appointment and you’ll be asked those same questions again when you’re in the office.
- You may be asked to wait outside our office or in your car and call us when you arrive and then wait for a call back to let you know when you can enter the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the clinic. There are more dispensers around the office for you to use as needed.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys since those items are difficult to fully disinfect.
- Appointments will be spaced out to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean less flexibility for scheduling your appointment, but it will also reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- You may be surprised that we’re wearing more protective gear – such as masks, face shields, gowns – than we normally do during your visit.
- Our office equipped with air purification system. At Queens Quay Dental Centre we want our patients to breathe fresh and pure air in addition to maintaining a sterile atmosphere.
Rest assured, all these procedures are designed to create the safest environment for you, other patients and our team.
We look forward to seeing you again. If you have any questions, please let us know. To make an appointment, call/text our office at 647-352-0755 or email us at email@example.com
Thank you for patience and loyalty throughout this ordeal. We value your trust and look forward to welcoming you back!
The Team at Queens Quay Dental Centre